Day of War Soldier's Life

I woke up to a sound of military drills going on right outside my tent. Once I got dressed and into my 
uniform, a private told me that the confederates launched a surprise attack on general Grant at the Battle of Shiloh. I was in shock so I deployed my troops and we marched to Shiloh. The march was felt like days until we got to the battlefield. There were so many dead bodies and many wounded which got us very worried and I almost called for retreat. I heard general grant spread some motivation to the troops which got us motivated to fight. We ended up winning but there were over 23,000 casualties which was a big lost for both sides. When we all went back to camp, I saw horrific sights of soldiers getting their leg amputated because the bullet went through the leg and soldiers getting dysentery with no proper medical treatment. That night I went to bed praying that this terrible war is going to end.

Comments