Corporal Blackburn-1864 blog post

November 9, 1864

A lot of things have happened in the Union. On March 10, 1864 Abraham Lincoln had had enough of incompetent generals, but he found a replacement, his name was General Ulysses S. Grant. What made was funny was that he didn’t show up to become general because he was in battle led by General Meade. Let me move on to the next thing which was on August 31,1864 “Little Mac,” our incompetent general was chosen by the democrats to run for president, making him run against his boss. Wait let me remember what I was about to write… I keep forgetting something important… something in the tip of my tongue, oh no wait that’s right McClellan lost catastrophically. President Lincoln got 212 electoral votes 2.8 million popular votes and 116,587 military votes while McClellan got 21 electoral votes (from three states)(sad life) 1.8 million popular votes and 33,758 military votes. He was demolished. But I got to give it to him not only was going for president in  time of war but the country was literally torn apart, in fact i’m surprised with Lincoln himself, but hey whatever they want.

Comments