A New Leader has Arrived November 1rst 1861

I woke up on a bright sunny day at the army camp. I saw birds flying around and bees pollinating the wild flowers around me. Out of the blue, my regiment leader screamed role call for daily inspections. When we were finished our regiment leader said, "George McClellan a bright mind will be our brand new Chief of the Union army". People were shocked including myself that he replaced Winfield Scott as the Unions Chief Commander. People were celebrating by having extended breakfast which included so many Hardtacks. After all of that, the rest of my day included many excruciating drills that made me more tired then ever. When I went to bed I prayed to God that this terrible war could finally end. In my mind, I knew there was a lot more conflict to happen before a true treaty can happen.

Comments